- Integrity Icon Somaliland
- Who can be nominated?
- How do I nominate someone?
- Suitable Good Citizens
- The Awards Panel
Integrity Icon Somaliland
People can be nominated for a wide range of services to their city and communities, including:
- Community involvement – how have they affected their community?
- Going the ‘extra mile’
- Long service
- Actions that have affected/involve others to improve quality of life?
- An outstanding achievement – act of bravery/heroics
- Gained recognition for the city at national/international level
- ‘Feel good’ factor – making the whole city/ community feel good about being associated with Coventry
- Outstanding achievement in their field, such as sports or culture
- Contribution to commercial life/enterprise/employment in the city
- Improving the environment of the city, including development and regeneration of an area or a building.
For further details please Contact Us below.
Who can be nominated?
It could be someone who has made Somaliland a better place, or who has improved the life in Somaliland through their selfless
efforts, or a tireless charity worker who always puts others first.
Recently, nominations have been expanded to include people who have had an outstanding achievement in their field, such
as sports or culture; contribution to commercial life/enterprise/employment in the city; or who have helped to improve the environment of the city, including development and regeneration of an area or a building.
Suitable Good Citizens
Suitable recipients for this award may have performed acts of bravery, raised money for charity, rescued people trapped in fires and coached young children to achieve their sporting potential.
Other awards may be given to a teacher for long service, an active member of a community association, a man and/or woman who saved a person’s life by his/her quick thinking, people who helped the police catch thieves following robberies, a playgroup manager or people who have thwarted an armed robbery.
The awards panel
An advisory panel including professionals from all parts of Somaliland will be introduced as part of the award.
The Panel will be made up of handpicked professionals that are part of the Somaliland community.